2012-04-29

Dancing with the Devil

One of the things I have always wanted do with this blog is share more information about Slax and Porteus Linux. The problem is I have made several custom modules and without providing access to the modules there is not much point in talking about these things.

I have had a need for online storage. Someplace that would be around for a long time so the links won't expire. Services like Rapidshare won't work. Without a paid account any files that I upload that are not accessed after several months are removed. So that won't work for me.

What I need is someplace that is permanent, easy for people to download from, allows me to store files that are up to 300 megs (the size of a customized Slax iso file), and has a large enough capacity to hold all of my files. I am glad to say that I have found a service that fits the bill.

It is ... Drum roll please...

Microsoft Skydrive

Yes, I am now dancing with the devil. However it does bring us to an interesting point. I will be able to post these files for the long term on the Internet thanks to Microsoft. Microsoft is now my partner in promoting Linux.

Microsoft, welcome to team Linux.

No comments: